Rockman Industries acquired a majority stake in Moldex Composites in Jan 2017, one of the leading composites companies in India.
Moldex Composites’ aim is to provide world class, cost effective advanced composites parts & assemblies. It is ISO 9001 certified and AS9100 C Certified - We are now AS 9100 D certified. The purpose built facility is based in Sachin, near Surat, Gujarat state, India.
Moldex Composites strength is being able to take full ownership, from concept through to finished component volume production, covering detailed design, analysis, material choice, laminate design, patterns, moulds, and jigs design & manufacturing.
Moldex aims to fulfil customer’s complete composite requirements. Our ambition is to be a global market player in high performance composite. Moldex offers volume production, bespoke, prototypes, and short runs.
- Equipment's & Facilities
- CAD/CAM Engineering and Design: CAD (Computer Aided Design) using Catia V5, Delcam Powermill, Delcam PowerInspect, Gemini nesting, Poly works.
- Autoclaves: Three no’s. 1.5, 1.5 & 1.3 m Ø and one more arriving this year, 3 m Ø
- CNC lathe. Configured for use in the composites industry. Ideal for machining of epoxy tooling blocks, wooden patterns/jigs, foam core, aluminium, drilling and final trimming of composite parts.
- Laminating areas – 120 sqm Class 8 Clean Room which is fully temperature, humidity and dust controlled. Additional 200 sqm of laminating shop.
- CMM –Dedicated QC area equipped with surface tables, FARO ARM laser scanner fitted with a touch probe. Along with-on-machine verification by touch probe on CMS Ares
Products & Industries served:
- Wind Energy
- Medical Industry
- Sporting goods